deputy Opposition Researcher
Conducting research into targeted individuals, organizations, businesses, and other targets using public records, social media, news reports, and additional sources. This information will be used to create and support news and research narratives benefitting the goals and priorities of Restoration News, the media arm of the conservative nonprofit organization Restoration of America. The researcher will also suggest and conduct research responding to news and media reports.
This job will work out of our Ponte Verda Beach, FL office.
- Monitor news and media reports for relevance to oppo targets or opportunities for an organizational response
- Conduct research dives into social media, including Facebook, X (Twitter), Instagram, LinkedIn and additional platforms
- Navigate and analyze various public records including real estate, court, business, campaign finance, and voter records
- Write-up research findings in the form of briefing books and/or issue backgrounders
- Draft public records requests and where/when necessary, go to government/courthouse offices to review and obtain records.
- Creative thinking with an emphasis on creating and supporting narratives with research
- Qualitative research analysis
- Confidence reading empirical statistics. Quantitative analysis/modeling not required
- Social media navigation
- Experience with Lexis Nexis
- Experience with PACER
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Experience with RNC-style bulleting
- Coding not required but considered a plus
We offer excellent benefits. They include a robust healthcare, dental, life insurance, voluntary insurance for employee and immediate family members, disability insurance and 401k. We invest in your career development because we care about it.
Our organization does not discriminate in employment decisions based on race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, membership in any other protected classes.
We evaluate success, not only a person’s skillset, but also on the ability to fit our culture. If you have the same belief as our Mission Statement above, we want to hear from you.
Please attach your resume and cover letter below: